Now, let’s get down to business. Did any of you get a copy of Little Women, or possibly see the movie? No problem if you did not – that was a big favor to ask of you. I am glad that you at least read my post about it, so that you know the basic synopsis. However, it is a great book that you should read at some point in your life. If you have any Q/A about it, please leave a question in the comments section, and I will answer it as soon as possible.
I would like to dedicate today’s post to one subject: journaling! I LOVE journaling, and I am currently in the process of filling my 5th journal! Shocking, isn’t it?? (I don’t mean to brag, but I do love journaling!)
So, do any of you keep a journal? I hope so, but if not, that is fine. I enjoy writing (as you can probably tell!), so a journal is one of the ways I can talk about things that happened during the day, share my hopes and dreams, my worries and fears, etc. Some have different ways of doing this same thing, so journaling is NOT the only way.
There are many different forms of journaling. You can keep a diary, as I do, or you could keep a journal in a different way. Here is a list of all the different ways to journal:
1. Diary – A daily, day-to-day record of your life, a place to tell secrets, or just a way to get out all your private thoughts on paper.
2. Art Journal – A journal in which you can make all your writing a work of art! You can draw, paint, or sketch in an art journal, or any other kind of art that you enjoy.
3. Scrapbooking Journal – In this kind of a journal, which is very similar to an art journal, you can scrapbook about how you are feeling. Happy, sad, excited, mad, you name it! This can be a preference for those whom do not like to write. Whenever you feel like scrapbooking, this is the place for you.
4. Theme Journal – What do you like to do? What do you dream about being when you grow up? Whatever the answers are to those questions, that’s what you journal about! Scrapbook, paint, draw, write, what ever you feel falls in the category of your theme. Clippings and mementos can be put in as well.
5. Prayer Journal – In this journal, you can write down your prayers to God. It can be like a letter to God. What do you worry about? What scares you? This journal can help you remember to take your worries to the Lord. And remember to include the answers!
There they all are! Maybe you will be encouraged to try starting a journal like any of these. I hope you do! Journaling can really enrich your life and help you express your emotions. Alright, I have to go. REMEMBER: Whether or not you choose to start a journal (and I really hope you do!), that is not what matters. What really matters is that you find SOME way, journaling or no, to get out your emotions. And getting angry at your siblings (or friends) does NOT count!! If you don’t, they will stay all pent-up inside of you and you WILL explode one day.
Before I go…
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“There is a saying that “paper is more patient than man”.…Yes, there is no doubt that paper is patient and as I don’t intend to show this cardboard-covered note book bearing the proud name of “diary,” to any one, unless I find a real friend, boy or girl, probably nobody cares. And now I come to the root of the matter, the reason for my starting a diary; it is that I have no such real friend.” – Anne Frank
29 January 2010
27 January 2010
Hello! Welcome to my blog! I am so glad you were able to visit this site. Before we go any further, I would like you to know what I want this blog to be.
To start out, this is the outline of my blog, but it is not everything I will talk about. That might be a little boring. Basically, my blog can be a way to find good books, and also a little advice on topics related to books, writing, etc. I love to read and write, so I thought it would be fun to make a blog about it. (Of course, you may already know everything about which I post. Sorry :-( I can’t read your mind). And finally, I would love to get feedback from all of my readers. Please let me know what you like/dislike about my blog, how you think I can improve, etc. Alright, that’s about it! Please enjoy the very first ‘Poem of the Day’ -
Fire & Ice
Written by Robert Frost
“Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction, ice,
Is also great,
And would suffice.”
What do you think that means? Leave a comment telling me your answers!
Penned by Elizabeth Rose at precisely 11:44 AM
|This post is:|